- I want it to appeal to people who might be interested in my books, so comedy horror fans and young writers!
- I want the fun factor - my favourite vloggers are entertaining.
- I want to offer something. If you're good enough to tune it, what do you get out of it?
- I want to keep it short - I tend to watch vlogs in bite sized chunks.
It took a few goes. Things I found difficult:
- Looking at the camera rather than the screen (otherwise you don't make eye contact)
- Not mumbling (it's hard not to be self conscious when talking to a camera on your own)
- Remembering what I was going to say (it's not like I have a script)
- Not going off on a tangent (too easy to ramble on about other stuff)
- Keeping my own accent (I have a habit of doing a really bad American voice)
- Uploading it (and not feeling, oh no this is terrible)
Here's the result. It's cheesy and embarrassing but kind of fun... enjoy.